When your reputation and freedom are on the line, you need to find a criminal defense attorney you can trust. At M&R, we are skilled advocates who know the law and the Berks County law enforcement community. We have worked with police officers from every department; done trials and hearings in front of every judge and district justice; and handled every crime in the book, from traffic tickets to homicides. We will use our experience to evaluate the Government’s evidence and build the best case for you.
If you are investigated or charged with a crime, talk to a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. You have rights and options that you need to understand.
M&R offers a free consultation in criminal cases. Call or click here to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose M&R As Your Criminal Defense Attorneys?
- We are ready for trial. We have spent years in the courtroom fighting tough battles.
- We know the rules about arrests, searches, and seizures. We will recognize tainted evidence and cases.
- We know alternatives to jail time and the people who run those programs in Berks County and beyond.
- We understand the consequences of conviction. Count on us to counsel you about the effect that a criminal record can have on your future.
- We pay attention at every step. From preliminary arraignment through disposition, we will work to protect your rights and keep your life on track.
- We keep fighting and are prepared to appeal. Convictions are devastating, but they are not always the last word in a criminal matter. If your case or trial was handled by another lawyer, we will do a thorough review of the evidence and proceedings to look for a way to change the outcome. Our lawyers include appellate advocates who can look at the record in a criminal case and identify issues to be challenged in a higher court.
Maybe most importantly of all—we treat our clients with respect. Criminal cases are hard on individuals and their families. We understand that when you choose a lawyer, you are also choosing an advisor to help you through a crisis. M&R is committed to the best outcome for your case and the best experience for you. We will listen to you; respect the value of your time; and help you to make choices that serve your interests now and in the future.
- We won’t scare you to get your business. Having done thousand of cases in Berks County courts, we will give you an honest assessment of the risks of conviction and the potential penalties.
- We don’t love to hear ourselves talk. We won’t run up your bill exploring strategies that are unlikely to work.
- We won’t be hard to reach. If you have a question, we’ll answer it. We also have a secure, log-in area on our website where we post documents relevant to your case for your review.